Many of our clients enjoy coloring their hair, whether it is blonde, brunette, red, or a fun color! However, we know sometimes it can be tough to keep that color shining bright. So today we have a couple of tips to help you keep your blonde/brunette/black/red hair from fading.
- Keep your hair as healthy as possible. Coloring causes damage, so be kind to your hair in other ways! Skip the blow dryer when possible, heat causes damage too.
- Wash less. Every time you wash your hair a little bit of color gets stripped away. Try to keep washing your hair to a minimum of 2-3 times per week.
- Use Sulfate-free products! Sulfate causes your hair to fade faster. Look for labels with “sulfate-free,” it may become your favorite new product!
- Use invisible dry shampoo – because who wants that white, powdery mess? Invisible dry shampoo will help absorb the excess oil on the days in between washing and your hair will shine through brighter!
- Minimize your sun exposure. The sun doesn’t just burn your skin, it can also do a lot of damage to hair, specifically color treated hair. Wearing a hat, or a cute scarf, can prevent further sun damage.
We hope these tips can be useful to you! Give us a call today at 610-489-2049 to schedule your next appointment. We can’t wait to hear from you!