Have you started to notice your hair thinning out? You’re not alone – many people lose hair because of stress or a medical condition/treatment, and about 80 million people suffer hereditary hair loss.
Don’t fret – you can get thick, healthy hair with a diet rich in foods that are great for your hair as well as your overall health! Take a look at these eight foods!
- Avocado – avocado contains copper, a mineral that is one of the best nutrients to fortify hair and skin. It helps to balance hormones so that all hair grows strong.
- Pumpkin Seeds – zinc is found in pumpkin seeds which helps with cellular turnover and growth that helps to form keratin, which is the protein that makes up hair. Zinc also helps to preserve your hair color and prevent dandruff.
- Edamame – one of the greatest snacks just got even better. You need a significant amount of protein in your diet in order to make keratin efficiently. Typically lean chicken and fish are great go-to options, but for vegetarians and vegans, edamame and soybeans are perfect because they’re complete proteins.
- Whole Grain Cereal – whole grains contain significant amounts of iron, which supplies oxygen to your hair follicles.
- Chia Seeds – Low-fat diets can cause your scalp dry and inflamed, leading to hair loss. It’s important for health hair to get healthy fat. Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Clams – clams are an excellent source of vitamin b12, which helps the synthesis of keratin.
- Almonds – almonds contain Biotin, a B-vitamin, which helps hair growth and keeps your scalp healthy!
- Bell Peppers – last but certainly not least, bell peppers are loaded with vitamin C which is awesome for hair growth and protecting skin.
These eight foods contains many different vitamins and nutrients that promote healthy hair and growth! For more information, click here.