Who doesn’t want full, shiny, and healthy hair? People are always trying the latest supplement or trends for hair growth but the secret to your dream hair starts with your diet. Your hair needs essential vitamins and nutrients to be healthy, and healthy hair grows faster! The vitamins and nutrients include:
- Protein: provides keratin to prevent brittle, weak, and dry hair.
- Iron: provides oxygen to help deliver nutrients, keeping hair from being fragile and shedding.
- Vitamin C: aids in iron absorption as well as create collagen to prevent hair aging.
- Omega 3s: reduce hair loss and thinning hair.
- Vitamins A, B, and D: help with hair loss, hair growth, and the production of sebum, a substance your body creates to naturally protect and moisturize your hair and skin.
When trying to strengthen and grow your hair incorporate foods such as these into your diet, they all contain the important vitamins and nutrients your hair needs without taking added supplements.
- Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower, chia)
- Lean proteins
Foods to avoid if you’re trying to achieve runway-ready hair include:
- Refined sugars
- Diet sodas
- Fast food
- High mercury fish
- Starchy foods
The bottom line is healthy hair starts from the inside and does not happen overnight. Introducing these foods into your diet will help your skin and nails too! Other ways to boost your overall hair health and growth are skipping daily shampoos, avoiding hot tools and dying, and getting frequent trims.
Four all your hair care needs contact us at Avalanche Salon and Spa (610) 489-2049