With summer here, the sun is hotter and the UV rays are stronger. The changing weather can severely affect your skin. There are steps you can take to have a fresh face for summer and to avoid the damage your skin can get from the sun.
Here are some tips to keep your skin healthy this summer:
- Add a new cleanser or exfoliator to your skin routine to keep a fresh face.
- SPF is a must. You should be wearing sunscreen every day that is 15 SPF or higher. Apply it before you go outside and reapply every 2-3 hours.
- Don’t use old sunscreen. Sunscreen should be replaced every 12 months so with the new season coming up, out with the old and in with the new.
- Hats on! Whether a baseball cap or a floppy hat, these are a great way to save your skin from the harmful sun and they also make a cute fashion statement.
- Fake your tan. Self-tanners are a great way to get a good tan without being exposed to the harmful UV rays of the sun. Exfoliate your skin before applying your self-tanner and afterwards you will look like you just spent the day out in the sun.