How to Keep your Skin Matte in the Summer
In can be hard to keep oily skin under control, especially in the summer heat. Luckily, there are several products that have been created to combat this issue. Below are some tips and products that should help you to keep your skin from shining this summer.
- Oil absorbing sheets are a great way to eliminate shine, as they are portable and quick to use. They also don’t remove makeup, so there is no need to worry about smudging. Because they’re cheap, you can buy several packs and store one in your gym bag, purse, and backpack. The Clean and Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets and the NYX Matte Blotting Paper are inexpensive favorites among many.
- One trick that will not only seal your makeup look for the day, but also keep your skin matte is to use a mattifying setting spray after applying your makeup. Some of the best matte sprays include the NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray and Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray.
- Before makeup application, a mattifying primer can also be used. This will keep the skin from creating excess oil throughout the day. Some top-rated mattifying primers include the Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer and the Benefit POREfessional Primer.
- It is important to avoid products with oils in them if you have oily skin. A common misconception is that oily skin doesn’t need moisture, however it is important for those with oily skin to use moisturizer. It is also essential that the moisturizer is oil-free. Some oil-free moisturizer options are the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer and the Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer.
- Another product that will help oily skin is an astringent. Astringents are used to minimize pores and eliminate oily skin. Because astringents can be harsh on the skin, it is important to only use them a couple times a week.